Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sakura Festival

Yesterday I went to Uwajimaya's Sakura Festival. I expected it to be a big deal, like their other festivals, with booths filling the parking lot and magazines on sale (which I ALWAYS seem to miss), and food and games and things to buy.
But this year, it was so tiny! There were two food stands, one selling typical fare (drinks, sakura dogs, etc) and one selling taiyaki, which are these fish-shaped fried pastries that they sold with either red bean or vanilla filling. I had a red bean paste one, it was so good <3

I did get to see some of my friends that I hadn't seen since winter break, and that's always good.

Anyways, here's what I wore:





Everything is offbrand or handmade except for the shoes, whihc are Bodyline. The wig is from Arda Wigs.

So, speaking of the wig, that is one of the wigs I bought at Sakuracon. It's so soft, and felt almost like real hair, plus I got it at a good price, but it tangled so badly. I planned to get it to tease up like Kirsty's wig at Sakuracon, so that's what I did when I got home.


YAAAAAY.

Then I attempted to pin it up.


It looks fine here, but the pins all fell out later.

And last night I got really mad at my hair because it wouldn't stay in my wig cap/under my wig, so I just gave up.

Today I kind of want to try again, but I don't want to get frustrated by such a simple thing for a second time... I also want to put my purikura into this little purikura book that I have, but I don't want to waste them or whatever.

It's just one of those Sundays...

No comments:

Post a Comment